Tuesday, November 20, 2012

She fell... Again

Down the stairs AGAIN. We were all upstairs bathing the kids and Abby went downstairs to fetch her doll. She was holding the rail this time but moving way too fast. We heard the dreaded sound... The thud, thud, thud, thud of body parts whacking into the stairs. Brian and I held each other up in our race to get to her. It amazes me how in those moments of crisis you don't think you just act.

We got to her at almost the same time and realized the damage was (thank God) minimal. I quickly said to Brian you get jack and grace (who were unsupervised on our bed and in the shower respectively). I manned Abby and somehow she escaped major injury again with a big fall. She went down at least 2/3 of the stairs.

Once I looked her over I couldn't help huge remind her just how lucky she is. She has now had two major falls down the stairs with little more than some bruises. It's a miracle. And it scares the hell out of me. How many falls can she have before we have the bad one? Do we ban her from the stairs? From running? From walking across the room when there are toys on the floor? It's scary and frustrating but I definitely feel like someone is looking out for our girl.

Posted by Kristen Fescoe

No comments:

Post a Comment