Sunday, November 14, 2010

Impulsive

In the past couple of months we have begun to see a vast increase in Abby's impulsive behavior. It is almost as if she is going through a bit of a personality change. I wish I could say it was for the better but some of the new changes have become daily challenges for all of us. She is extremely impulsive with her behaviors; jumping off things she shouldn't, trying to walk into the street, climbing, hitting, spitting and other things that could very easily get her hurt. It is a little scary.

We are also noticing that her laid back personality is becoming much more high energy and high maintenance. In combination with the impulsivity she is becoming increasing compulsive. I knew that OCD and other compulsive behavior is very common with RS but we thought it was one of the symptoms we were lucky enough to avoid. Guess that is not the case.

I keep hoping it is partially a phase. That my laid back, go with the flow kid will return but I just don't know if that is going to be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment