Friday, November 5, 2010

Funny T-Shirt

The conferences (that I recently blogged about) were not all bad. If we can set the PT aside for a minute I was thoroughly impressed with the OT and the teachers in the classroom. They are doing such an amazing job with both of the girls. One of the other people that sat in on our conference was our case manager (or whatever the call them in school... I still use the EI verbage). I have liked her from day one and she has SO "gotten" Abby. She has been so blown away by the kid who we were told would never "walk, talk or think" but is so far above her cognitive age it is scary.

Anyway, so Jackie (our case manager) tells me that she has come up with the perfect t-shirt slogan for Abby. It is just a simple black t-shirt that says OUTLIER on it. I guess you have to love statistics (or at least understand them) the way I do to get the joke but how perfect is that.

Outlier: In statistics, an outlier[1] is an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of the data. Grubbs[2] defined an outlier as: An outlying observation, or outlier, is one that appears to deviate markedly from other members of the sample in which it occurs.

--Wkipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier)

No comments:

Post a Comment