Friday, May 29, 2009

What does this all mean?

That really is the question. With a diagnosis so rare the painful part is that little research has been conducted. There are no associations. No groups. No fundraisers or walk-a-thons. Nothing. Just a diagnosis and a couple of mediocre research studies with limited scope.

So what does the future hold for Abby? Will she walk normal? Will she talk normal? Will she continue to fall down and lose her balance as she gets older?

No one seems to know at this point. So for now we'll keep searching.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am Charlene from Germany and we have known since last week that our daughter suffers from RS. I came across your blog while googling and am very grateful for it. I'm starting to read all of your posts now. Our daughter also appears to have only a mild form, like Abby. She learned to walk late and has problems with balance. I wish you all the best and I will definitely be in touch again!

    ReplyDelete