Saturday, February 22, 2014

Realizations

As Jack progresses through various stages of infancy and toddlerhood it has been remarkable how different our parenting experience has been. Instead of worrying about scheduling surgery or losing weight or finding the right therapist we worry about him falling when he runs too fast, whether his shoes still fit and when we can fit in a haircut. "Normal" stuff.

Brian and I also find ourselves asking "did we ever get to really enjoy it with the girls". I first I felt guilt for even thinking it. Of course I adored the girls so much but I think I spent so much time worrying and stressing that I barely ever sat down and just enjoyed them being in certain stages.

The more I sit back and think about it the more I get angry. Angry that RS took that from us. Angry that RS made us less present parents for our girls. Angry that I could have been more fun, engaging, energetic and creative had I not been worried about all the other crap.

Fortunately I am not one to dwell too much on the past. And all I can do at this point is never let RS steal another minute from my daughter or my family.

Posted by Kristen Fescoe

No comments:

Post a Comment