Sunday, July 3, 2011

Aches and Pains

Abby's life is full of aches and pains. Whether it's related to a test or surgery or procedure. Or if it's from her many, many bumps, bruises and falls. When she complains of an ache or a pain we usually give her a very low dose of Tylenol. We do this without too much worry because the kid is so tough that she really only complains when it REALLY hurts. Sometimes that breaks my heart. She can walk around with a huge egg on her forehead and never say a word. So when she does complain we know it's bad.

I am 33 and I am at the beginning of my aches and pains stage of life I wake up in the morning and my back hurts a little. Sometimes my feet ache from wearing not so great shoes. I pull a muscle in my neck sometimes from carrying Abby. It's a part of aging.

What kills me is not know the answer to this question. Will a lifetime of falls and bumps and bruises and issues lead to a life filled with aches and pains? Will they ever go away? Will she ever have a day where she doesn't hurt something or twist something or fall? (I know, more than one question :D)

I don't know. No one really does. I can collect data and look at older kids with RS but the truth is that every child (RS or not) will develop differently. All we can do now is hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment