Monday, April 16, 2012

Dog on hold

I am not sure if I posted about this since I have been pregnant but we have been waiting for the past couple of months for a companion dog for Abby. We went through the application and interview process and she was accepted into an amazing program which places highly trained dogs with children like Abby who have social, motor and other developmental issues. When we were accpeted into the program they told us it could be 6 to 18 months before we were matched with the perfect dog.

We recently decided that with a new baby coming soon we would need to try to postpone the arrival of our canine friend until after Baby is here and settled. Thankfully the wonderful people at Canine Partners understood and placed our application on hold until July. This will give us time to have the baby and get adjusted to life before adding another member to our family.

We're still anxious to meet our puppy but it will just take a little bit longer.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten,

    I would like to mail you, but I don't find your emailadress. I'm from Belgium and have a 10 months old son with RS. I would like to hear from other people who know more about it. I haven't read trough your blog yet, but it seems good work!! Have you also a RS suporting group on facebook? I've send a message to join them, but have no reaction yet.
    If you like, you can email me!
    Thank you (and excuse me for my English)
    Liselot (liselotsauwens@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsten,
    I found you already on the RS suporting group on facebook :-)
    Greets,
    Liselot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liselot - Glad you found us. If you have not been let into the group let me know and I will add you. You can e-mail me (any time) at Piglet5432 at gmail dot com!

    ReplyDelete