Thursday, August 11, 2011

A little closer to pet ownership

I spoke a while back about submitting an application for a companion dog for Abby. It took us some time to get our paperwork, letters of reference, etc in order. We finally sent in our completed application about a month ago. I was a little disappointed to have heard nothing for so long so I sent an e-mail yesterday morning. It must have been fate because before the person could have possibly read my e-mail she had left me a message.

Our application has been reviewed and we have been asked to come for an interview as a family. They will meet us, talk to Abby and from there we hope to be put on the list for a dog. It can take as little as 6 months and as long as 18 months to be matched with an appropriate dog. We're really looking forward to it and hoping at our interview we might get to meet some of the dogs.

So it looks like we're a little bit closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment